The objective of developing IntelliPad was driven by the need to serve multi-purpose text processing tasks and to be the basic instrument to be used by a typical software developer. Convenient location of panels, menu, and vast tools for working with text, as well as the possibilities of flexible scripting to automate tasks — everything is of great importance.
After years searching for a suitable text editor, I didn't find any of them to satisfy my needs, so I wrote my own. Many available text editors mainly focus on configurability of the editor as in customizable syntax highlighting and coloring, gui configuration, custom plugins etc., rather then ad-hoc extensibility of the editor based on functionality. Thus eventually it prompted me to envision on IntelliPad.
Use scripts to automate tedious and repetitive typing, saving you time and effort. By letting the computer do the manual work, you get the freedom to concentrate on your writing. The capabilities of this tool is quite enormous and it really depends on how you want it to serve your needs.
This version is the first release on the web. There may be still some bugs and missing features that are being worked on. If you have any questions or suggestions about this initiative, please post them in the forums. Also, if you wish to make a feature request, you can post it there as well. But there's no guarantee that I'll implement your request.
Your feedback will be definitely be helpful to make IntelliPad better and stable.
Above all, IntelliPad is free to use and there is no charges.
Here are the features of IntelliPad :
- Syntax Highlighting and Code Folding
- You can edit several documents at the same time.
- Full Drag 'N' Drop
- You can open a document by drag & drop.
- Regular Expression Search
- You can search one string in the document by using the regular expression.
- HEX editor
- View and edit binary files using a hexadecimal display format.
- Bookmark and Text Clipping
- Export to HTML and RTF with color syntax
- Tree like editor to manage and store multiple files in a tree hierarchy.
- The entire workspace is stored in a single file.
- Can be used to keep code snippets or any data in a tree hierarchy format.
- Copy and paste between 2 workspaces.
- Integrated Scripting to Automate Tasks
- Customizable Command Toolbar to execute tasks.
- Useful list of Functions. (see Function List Reference)
- Remembers Sessions
- Lets you restart exactly where you left off.
- Special Editing
- Block (column) selection mode, and visible display of tabs and spaces.
- Conversion of DOS->UNIX->Macintosh file formats
- Color Palette
- Color list edit and color picker.
- With syntax highlighting.
- Print previewing, and printing with customizable headers/footers and page breaks.
- Theme Support
- Multiple cool theme and interface support.
IntelliPad v0.7 Beta Released
Even though this is a beta release, this version should be quite stable as I have been using it for some time for my personal developments tasks.
Download from the following link …
Remember to uninstall the previous version before installing this.
|IntelliPad008Beta.exe||30 July 2009||IntelliPad 0.8 Beta Installer||2.07 MB|
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, XP x64, or Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) installed and configured on your system.
- 10 MB of free hard disk space.
What's new in v0.8 Beta [30 Jul 2009]
- Inclusion of Options settings for customization.
- Faster document loading.
- Addition of "Open-In" option in file open toolbar.
- Enhancements to Search
- Some general fixes and minor enhancements.
What's new in v0.7 Beta [20 Jan 2009]
- Some general fixes to improve speed and process overhead
- Improved Command Toolbar functions
- Codefolding support
- Minor enhancements
- Support for more syntax highlighting formats (>30)
What's new in v0.6 Beta [25 Dec 2008]
- Fix to file SaveAs
- Inclusion of ZipGetFiles ad ZipExtractFiles functions.
- Minor enhancement
What's new in v0.5 Beta
- Text Clipping support
- Inclusion of additional Workspace (now 2 Workspaces).
- Theme support.
- General enhancements and bug fixes.
How can you contribute to IntelliPad?
- If you have created scripts or add-ins that you would like to share with other IntelliPad users, I can post these on this web or incude it as standard function in the new release.
- If you have found a bug, please report it using the Bug Report.
- If you think IntelliPad is not famous enough, please recommend it to your colleagues and friends. You can also submit it to freeware and shareware collections using this PAD file
- If you wish to contribute to this site for updating documents or any other details related to IntelliPad, you are most welcomed. Become a member by Joining this site.
- Finally you can use the Forum to exchange thoughts about IntelliPad with other users.